Submit Your Film
Submissions for 2021 open November 1st!
The NOLA Horror Film Fest is a festival created by horror filmmakers for horror fans. It’s no small wonder – and no great surprise – that so many of today’s top directors got their start in “low budget horror”. With determination and imagination, these artists have created some truly memorable work that has encouraged and inspired a new generation of filmmakers. Our goal is the promotion of Genre Filmmaking in Louisiana, as well as nationally and internationally. The NOLA Horror Film Fest is committed to celebrating the craft and advancing the art form of Genre Films.
The NOLA Horror Film Fest takes place in one of the most famous – and most haunted – cities in the world. From the Thursday night festivities (Opening Night Screening, Opening Night Party), through four days of the best horror & sci-fi programs (Features & Shorts Screenings, Screenplay Readings, Filmmaker Q&A’s, Panel Discussions, Filmmaker Lunch, Special Guests), to the Sunday night Awards Ceremony, the NOLA Horror Film Fest is going to be a weekend to remember. We encourage filmmakers, casts & crews, friends & family, and horror fans alike to experience New Orleans (from the food to the music to the history).
- Best Feature Film
- Best Short Film
- Best Student Film
- Best Director
- Best Actress
- Best Actor
- Best Supporting
- Best Writing
- Best Cinematography
- Best Editing
- Best Music
- Best Makeup Effects
- NOLAHFF Female Filmmaker Award
- Best Screenplay Competition
- Please select only ONE SUBMISSION CATEGORY per project. Projects submitted in multiple categories could be subject to disqualification.
- All films MUST BE submitted via ONLINE screener (Vimeo preferred, but not required).
- There is no completion date. The NOLAHFF accepts films from any year.
- NO Premiere Status required.
- Films can have a distribution deal, but should not be available Online (VOD, NetFlix, etc.) prior to the festival dates.
- Foreign films (in their original language) must be presented with English language subtitles.
- Student film submissions require proof of enrollment. Entries by filmmakers UNDER 18 years of age MUST be submitted by a parent or legal guardian.
- All submitted films must be COMPLETE. The NOLAHFF no longer accepts Work-In-Progress submissions.
- The NOLAHFF does not pay screening fees.
Unfortunately, the NOLAHFF cannot offer submission fee waivers.
By submitting to the NOLA Horror Film Fest through FilmFreeway, you are stating that the work is original and owned by the submitter, and is not the subject of any disputes regarding ownership. You are also stating that there is no defamation, invasion of privacy, violation of rights of publicity, intellectual property infringement or similar violation of law.
You understand that your entry is valid only upon completion of the following conditions: (1) receipt of a copy of the work, (2) the processing of the entry fee by the festival organization, and (3) when the work is found to be original and owned by you or those you represent.
While we understand that you retain all rights to ownership of the work, if selected, you hereby give the NOLA Horror Film Fest permission to feature, advertise, display, in whole or in part, the work for festival purposes, including promotion.
Each work is judged solely on its own merits.